Monday, April 27, 2009

Don't Panic ???


I don't know about you, but this Swine flu thing has me a little nervous.  Any time the WHO (World Health Organization)  says this disease has pandemic potential, I'm going to panic a little.  

Mexico is struggling to contain this virus and new cases and deaths are being reported with each update.  Hell, President Obama is getting updates every few hours.  Looks like he is a little concerned.  
Maybe, I'm tripping because I'm in Texas and damn close to the the disease's epicenter and the fact that there's no vaccine yet.

I worry because people are so mobile now.  Today, you can be standing in the grocery store next to someone who was in Hong Kong yesterday or Mexico City a few hours ago.  As a health care worker, I know that germs are being spread even before the infected person starts to feel any symptoms. 

Are you concerned? 


or

No comments:

Post a Comment